Our solutions development approach solves real business issues and helps companies become more efficient and agile.
There are more pressures in businesses these days from all stakeholders looking to drive revenues and cut expenses. With the advances in more efficient business practices and technology, businesses need to see results quicker than ever before, hence the Agile software development approach.
Businesses are quite simply looking for results. Generally, these results include increased productivity, higher quality, differentiation in the marketplace, lower total cost of ownership and a fast return on investment.
We translate technical language to the business stakeholders and business values to the IT stakeholders.
One of the key approaches that SoftServe employs in its software development approach is that we start with an understanding of the business as a whole and the impact that technology will have on the business. To avoid confusion and to communicate effectively, another simple approach we take is to speak the right language for each stakeholder. SoftServe takes on the role of the trusted advisor acting as the "go-between" for business and technical personnel who find they can suddenly communicate in more meaningful ways and achieve results they never before thought possible.
Importance of TCO in our Software Development Approach
Total cost ownership (TCO) is a calculation intended to arrive at the total effective cost of a purchase. TCO should consider:
- The major categories of cost spent over several phases during the life of the product/project under consideration
- Benefits of user productivity to reduced risk of financial loss
- Calculable financial numbers such as Return on Investment (ROI), Net Present Value and Payback Period
- Difficult-to-measure intangibles such as customer satisfaction, increased knowledge, and the organization's agility to compete.
Technology itself does not add value. Value is achieved when technology is utilized as a strategic tool to support business objectives. SoftServe has the experience and expertise to help in determining the TCO for each project.
Calculating ROI in a Software Development Approach
A software development approach is a combination of good ideas, technology and design; however those are rarely enough to get a project approved. The reality is that a good software development approach is an investment and with every investment you must calculate the risks and ensure that the cost of the project will be covered and exceeded by the revenue received from it.
Some items to consider when calculating return on investment (ROI) include:
- Having a clear business model
- Prioritizing functionality against ROI, not perceived priority by users
- Designing your software so that development is quick and scalable
- Employing a mix of permanent and outsourced staff on a project
SoftServe acts as your strategic partner at the beginning, middle and end of a project. We can identify any gaps that may have been missed in your original ROI calculations and determine the best solution, methodologies and resource structure needed to ensure you meet your business objectives.