Our client is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. Its solutions helps the industry move products through the supply chain more efficiently.
The client’s customer, already using a tablet in the store, wanted a smaller and more mobile solution that was capable of managing multiple applications in one system. Other requirements included:
- Using thermal transfer labels for durability.
- Cutting labor cost by reducing time and money spent on properly labeling food products
- Reducing food waste by increasing date coding accuracy, product identification, and food rotation
- Decreasing supply costs by eliminating day of the week labels and consolidating needed supplies
The client had a printer in production that focused on applications for the food freshness labeling market segment. In order to expand its market share and effectively compete in the future, it was decided they should migrate to an iOS planform. The transition will combine hardware changes, WiFi communications, and expanded firmware/software performance and features.
The client consulted with SoftServe to port all features of its existing Windows CE application to the new iPad version. The scope of work for the project included all planning, design, execution, implementation, and code transfer to client. The SoftServe team was also responsible for the design and implementation of the iOS application and for the testing and documentation of the changes.
As a result of the project, SoftServe:
- Created and approved an UI/UX design
- Developed an iOS app from scratch
- Proposed and implemented a new format—.FreshMarx—to share data between applications
- Ported all Windows CE app features to the iOS version
- Provided support for multiple printers