Product for Shippers and Owner Operators Emphasizes Secure Freight Delivery
The client, a supply chain integrity solutions company, protects product integrity by providing end-to-end visibility and risk management software solutions for companies shipping or providing transportation and logistics services. The software solutions can be used by the customer’s security operations to:
- Improve communication
- Automate the monitoring process
- Ensure compliance requirements are met
The client provides shippers with visibility and full confidence that their cargo is in reliable hands, while giving trusted drivers the right tools to maximize capacity and grow their business.
As a start-up, the client faced the difficult challenge of building a viable product that would cover a wide audience and reduce time-to-market. At the core of the product, the client wanted a place where shippers and owner operators could find jobs or shipping orders, provide their estimates and bids for shipments, sign contracts, and negotiate via a simple chat. Also, tracking information needed to be available real-time.
The client collaborated with SoftServe to work alongside its in-house team to create a viable product within a tight deadline. The web and mobile applications consisted of:
- Verified drivers database
- Marketplace for shippers, owner operators, and drivers
- Contract management
- Secure shipment
- Freight tracking
- Dashboards for shipper and owner operators
- Payment configuration
A SoftServe business analyst (BA) worked with the teams to identify the initial product vision, project objectives, and ensured efficient communication between stakeholders—especially in terms of change management. This approach kept scope creep to a minimum.
Regular activities performed by the BA included:
- Regular requirements elicitation sessions with the client’s BAs and other subject matter experts—interviews, structured walkthroughs, requirement workshops, etc.
- Requirements analysis and management including UX requirements in cooperation with UX designers
- Business modeling, process modeling
- Constant work with development teams from estimation rounds to acceptance testing
As a result of the collaboration, the client received the following value:
- Enhanced user experience making the application easier to use than the competition’s alternative application
- Reduced time to market without sacrificing quality—viable product released in nine months
- Product radically changed the commercial trucking industry with emphasis on secure freight delivery
The client continues a productive collaboration with SoftServe and are working on the next releases of the developed platform and extending its functionality with new modules and functionalities.