Smart Home Technology Provider Improves Sales Process With iOS Application Modules
The client was looking for ways to improve the productivity of its sales representatives. They consulted with SoftServe to develop iOS application modules to improve the effectiveness of its sales process by:
- Automating some business processes
- Obtaining better control and monitoring of the sales process to improve sales predictability
- Reducing company costs by moving away from phone calls
- Ensuring company sales growth
The application needed to support both the iPhone and iPad. Additionally, new sales representatives would need to be trained on the application prior to the start of the selling season.
The solution was developed during a nine 9-month collaboration between the SoftServe frontend and client backend team. SoftServe managed the project to ensure the it was completed by the agreed upon date. The application modules covered the following:
- Door-to-door sales process including street tracking, household search, credit check, product selection and pricing, selection of payment method, agreement preparation, and signing
- Sales administration process including car groups/sales reps/area management, leads management, and viewing statistics
The UI/UX was elaborated on by the SoftServe team, taking into consideration the client’s corporate UI guidelines. Wireframes and UI mockups were approved on a constant basis with the client’s core stakeholders.
The business value envisioned by the client includes a:
- Total annual savings of $750,000 in the account creation process
- Total annual savings of $500,000 in the contrac t processing process
- Total annual saving of $5 million between the applications and subsequent solution for Installers
- Total digital contract adoption rate is 88 percent
The client acknowledged the SoftServe team was professional, easy to work with and very helpful. And characterized the solution as “a tool for our sales force that will be used for years to help manage and capture data, create customer accounts, and increase sales accountability. This app will be an invaluable tool moving into our 2015 season, and we are very excited to see it implemented.”
As a proof of a successful collaboration, the client initiated another project – a complex solution for the installation and service teams.