B2B Platform Simplifies Ordering Process for Consumer Goods Company
Its product portfolio includes top antiseptic, sore throat medicine, hair removal, immune support supplements, and baby food brands as well as other products.
The client produces a variety of products and sells them through pharmacies. Typically, pharmacies order products through two channels:
- Calls to the distributor
- Sales representative visits
The company wanted to provide pharmacies with a third channel—a B2B platform—to order products. This new platform would give the pharmacies easy access to all SKUs so they could easily add specific products to their basket and proceed with the order. The process would be similar to the B2C platform.
The client initially consulted with a company that did not provide a full view of Salesforce capabilities, present the options, or customize the functionalities with configurations, and their coding standard was lacking—all reasons the client was looking for a new vendor. The new vendor would need to be reliable and have the ability to deliver a high-quality solution on an aggressive timeline using best practices and the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform.
The client consulted with SoftServe and decided to move forward with the company. SoftServe’s team picked up the development from where the previous vendor left off and committed to the aggressive timeline. The goal was to quickly get the B2B solution to the appropriate level by
- Solving the current development problems, configuration, and consequent releases of new platform versions for the mar kets.
- Developing the e-commerce (B2B) platform using Salesforce technologies.
- Owning and managing future product development for new market roll-outs.
Initially the client’s B2B platform was deployed in four countries—Russia, Australia, Poland, and Spain with an additional 10 markets to be added the following year. Each market used the same product; however, there were configuration differences that required additional support from the team.
The value delivered included:
- Fast time-to-market and ongoing release cycles
- Transformation of the order process
- Quality and variety of services provided to client’s customers
- Rework of the solution provided by previous vendor
- Successful releases acknowledged across client’s organizations
- Involvement in additional roll-outs of the clients B2B platform