Pharmaceutical Distributor Streamlines Daily Project Operations With Atlassian Cloud Tools Migration
Our client is a US provider of the healthcare services. It provides an extensive network infrastructure for the industry along with medical equipment and care management tools.
Due to a company acquisition, there was a need to migrate Atlassian Cloud tools to a single server instance. The lack of capabilities, resources, and domain expertise to perform the migration in-house necessitated the need for an experienced partner to assist.
SoftServe performed the migration of cloud-based Atlassian Tools (JIRA and Confluence) to on-prem server versions to merge multiple instances used by different client teams. It took two months to complete the migration with weekly status calls and on-demand demo sessions. SoftServe also recommended performing administration and maintenance for the client’s Atlassian suite.
SoftServe took our client through:
- Migration of seven JIRA projects from JIRA cloud (including next-gen type projects) to server instance including users, schemes, boards, and test cases, attachments from Zephyr plugin
- Migration of nine Confluence spaces from Confluence cloud to server including users, and plugin diagrams
- Cleaning up and streamlining of all new data to avoid impact to active server instance users
The project was divided into five phases:
- Preparation for the migration (team allocation, granting access, elaboration of migration plan)
- Migration of data and configs from client’s JIRA cloud instance to client’s server instance
- Migration of data and configs from client’s Confluence cloud instance to client’s server instance
- Initial testing and validation
- Client approval
Tools and Technologies
- JIRA Software Server v.7.10.2 (2,000 users) and cloud (500 users)
- Confluence Server v.6.10.0 and cloud
SoftServe helped to unify our client’s approach to day-to-day project management, uniting two JIRA/Confluence instances. By merging them, SoftServe addressed potential issues around having two different knowledge bases and tools for two companies, and enabled our client to take one project management approach for all employees.
As a result, our client reduced expenses on Atlassian instances maintenance. SoftServe estimates our client saves more than $40,000 in annual operation costs from merging these instances and moving everything to an on-prem server without increasing its maintenance costs. A typical Atlassian migration project takes from three to nine months to be fully executed. SoftServe completed the project in only two months.