Enterprise Application Integrates With Financial System
The client began the implementation of a new back-office system and needed an interim solution to integrate with its financial systems. Information about trades arrives from the back-office system as business-enti ty with attributes and transactions that were conducted, but information in the finance system is stored as general ledger postings. Therefore, the main challenge was to build a flexible solution, which by certain rules transform business-entity into general ledger postings. These rules are dynamic and are often changed to be aligned with the business needs. The SoftServe team discovered and applied approximately one thousand rules and templates. Another challenge was to build highly loaded to handle 1.5 million integration messages per day and scalable – both horizontally and vertically – system.
Taking the complexity and frequent changes of the transformation rules into consideration, SoftServe built a flexible solution with a user-friendly interface for non-technical staff. Additionally, the team broke down the solution into modules with each having the ability to run multiple instances on different servers with the required scalability.
The new solution consists of three parts:
- Importer Scanner – receives messages from back-office through the bus, processes and stores them in an internal database. In addition, it generates internal events for posting information into the accounting systems.
- Trading Accounting Engine – this part does business-entity enrichment using static data, such as the recalculation of a trade’s sums into accounting currency.
- Scanning and Transformation Engine – this application transforms and posts data into target systems.
Users can specify transformation rules using visual forms. Significant features of this solution are monitoring and logging. Users can track each transaction and if necessary re-transform it.
- Scalable architecture supports 1.5 million integration messages per day
- Flexible solution supports approximately 1,000 transformation templates, which may be extended by non-technical users
- Significant reduction of number of errors during integration in comparison with the previous system
- Reducing the load on support team by up to 40 percent