UI Framework for Web-Based Practice Management System
Our client operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 96,000 national and company’s private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 110,000 additional products available as special-order items. The company has operations and affiliates in 25 countries.
Our client wanted to scale their business and grow their market share by modifying and modernizing their existing management system as well as reducing its maintenance costs.
They needed to develop a next generation, web-based practice management system leveraging modern software/ hardware technology (e.g. touch computing), automation, and electronic services.
They also wanted to redesign the existing practice management application with clinical, front office and business management capabilities to ensure ease of use and an intuitive design for the new system.
The client`s company and SoftServe have been partners for years and they requested SoftServe`s UX team to develop t he application. SoftServe and the company’s team collaborated and implemented a UI Framework; a living library of the patterns; visual standards and interaction behavior patterns to optimize the application’s design and development. The teams were highly productive and worked cohesively by leveraging SoftServe’s Abiliton Distributed Agile best practices. The joined teams:
- Developed a hybrid application combining the features of a powerful desktop application and the benefits of the Web
- Delivered a tablet platform for the application’s UI
- Ensured the UX was device agnostic
The designed application enabled the company’s management to access patient data from anywhere any time.
With the newly developed office management application, our client was able to shift their focus from technology to their healthcare practice and patients. The application benefits included:
- Increased office productivity by 20%
- Customer base growth
- Increased customer satisfaction with a user friendly and efficient interface from multiple devices
- Reduced operational costs with a mobile product (no expensive hardware, servers or IT services)
- Reduced costs and time by eliminating repetitive documentation.